TestNG is a testing framework inspired from JUnit and NUnit but introducing some new functionalities that make it more powerful and easier to use, such as:
* JDK 5 Annotations (JDK 1.4 is also supported with JavaDoc annotations).
* Flexible test configuration.
* Support for data-driven testing (with @DataProvider).
* Support for parameters.
* Allows distribution of tests on slave machines.
* Powerful execution model (no more TestSuite).
* Supported by a variety of tools and plug-ins (Eclipse, IDEA, Maven, etc...).
* Embeds BeanShell for further flexibility.
* Default JDK functions for runtime and logging (no dependencies).
* Dependent methods for application server testing.