CodeGuru: An Automatic Build Number Incrementer for Visual Studio .NET

Each of us who migrate to VS.NET encounters a few bumps in the road. One bump that caught me off guard was that my macros no longer worked.

My existing build number incrementing macro was a combination of bits and pieces of code scavenged from countless authors over the years. Although my build numbering system is not complicated, and does not require features found in similar macros, it will provide a solid foundation to start from.

Goals
These are my requirements for automating build numbers:

On each release build, automatically increment a build number contained in a separate file that will be included into my project.
Automatically track build date and number in a log file.

No comments:

Ramadan - What is it?

  Ramadan is one of the most important and holy months in the Islamic calendar. It is a time of fasting, prayer, and spiritual reflection fo...